kexec and kdb

Preetesh Parekh preetesh at kazeon.com
Mon May 14 19:20:29 EDT 2007

Hi Vivek,

I did modify "arch/i386/kernel/traps.c" file at 2 places as per your
suggestion but still problem is not solved. Please let us know.

File content of traps.c in function __kprobes die_nmi:
        show_registers(regs);
#ifdef  CONFIG_KDB
        kdb(KDB_REASON_NMI, 0, regs);
#endif  /* CONFIG_KDB */
        console_silent();        spin_unlock(&nmi_print_lock);
        bust_spinlocks(0);

        /* If we are in kernel we are probably nested up pretty bad
         * and might aswell get out now while we still can.
        */
        if (!user_mode_vm(regs)) {
                current->thread.trap_no = 2;
                crash_kexec(regs);
        }

File content of traps.c in function die:
        bust_spinlocks(0);
        die.lock_owner = -1;
        spin_unlock_irqrestore(&die.lock, flags);
#ifdef  CONFIG_KDB
        kdb_diemsg = str;
        kdb(KDB_REASON_OOPS, err, regs);
#endif  /* CONFIG_KDB */