kexec on PS3

Geoff Levand geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com
Mon Jun 4 15:28:21 EDT 2007

Bernhard Walle wrote:
> Hello,
>
> At http://www.powerdeveloper.org/platforms/cell/playstation there are
> some patches that are required for kexec-tools to use kdump on the
> Play Station 3. Wouldn't it make sense to merge them in kexec-tools
> testing?

That stuff is old and out of date.  Please ignore it, or better, ask
the admin to remove it.

> kexec-tools-1.101-bootargs-align.patch is already discussed here in
> the thread "kexec ppc64: fix misaligned cmdline". But what about
> kexec-tools-1.101-ps3-rmo_top-max.patch and
> kexec-tools-1.101-align-dtstruct.patch?

That stuff is also old and out of date.

> I'm not the author, and I don't know how to contact the author of that
> patches,

Please see http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/geoff/cell/README

but I'd like to see them in mainline kexec-tools.

Most PS3 support is in the mainline kexec-tools.  There is one outstanding
patch that is needed for PS3, but it was NACKed by Milton when I submitted
it, and I haven't had time to re-work it.  Please see:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/kexec/2007-May/000116.html

Feel free to make the suggested changes.

-Geoff