[Fastboot] kexec cant load OpenBSD

Vivek Goyal vgoyal at in.ibm.com
Fri Apr 20 02:54:51 EDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 03:49:46PM -0400, Jon Steel wrote:
> Hi
>
> Im running Gentoo and Im trying to use kexec to start up OpenBSD. I've
> got it set up correct because I can do a boot into Gentoo. Here is what
> happens:
>
> base ~ # kexec -l /boot/bsd --type="elf-x86"
> Base address: d0200120 is not page aligned

Above address indicates that some loadable program segment is not
page size(4K) aligned hence kexec is cribbing.

A, "readelf -l /boot/bsd" should display the various program headers.
I think you shall have to modify linker script of OpenBSD kernel to
generate page size aligned loadable segments.

This does raise a question in my mind, why all the program headers
should be loaded at page size boundaries? Just because ease of handling
or there is some other reason too?

Eric, you want to shed some light on this requirement?