Unable to establish P2P connection for miracast using gnome-network-displays

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 01:46:57 PST 2024

Hi list,

I am trying to figure out why gnome-network-displays is unable to
establish a P2P connection with my Fire TV stick. I originally reported
it to gnome-network displays, then to NetworkManager before being
directed here.
In brief, the p2p connection never goes up so I can never attempt to
capture packets using wireshark or tcpdump. Same laptop and same Fire TV
Stick work fine from Windows 11.
I am attaching the wpa_supplicant debug log. Thank you for your help in
advance.

Best regards,
Julian

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-network-displays/-/issues/285