[EXT] Re: SAE: reduce loop iterations of PWE derivation

Gang Li gang.li_1 at nxp.com
Mon Aug 12 02:03:22 PDT 2024

Hi Jouni Malinen,

Yes, I understand the consequences.

A few STAs may not support the Hash-to-Element (H2E) WPA3 SAE method, then it needs to use Hunting-and-Pecking (HnP) method.
But it takes a long time to generate PWE, causing authentication failure.

So reduce loop iterations of PWE derivation, and add CONFIG_SAE_PWE_NS macro, disable by default.
It is up to the user to decide whether to enable it.

Best Regards,
Gang Li