Can't get WPA3 to work...

Robert Senger robert.senger at lists.microscopium.de
Fri May 19 14:23:38 PDT 2023

The "WPA 3 Specification Version 3.0" Document from Wi-Fi Alliance
says: "A WPA3 STA shall perform server certificate validation when
using EAP-TTLS, EAP-TLS, EAP-PEAPv0 or EAP-PEAPv1 EAP methods."

So, at least these methods seem to be allowed by the specs.

Nevertheless, iPhone fails after entering username/password (it's
always a pain to connect iOS devices to enterprise networks), Windows
11 only offers Smartcard or EAP-TLS (had no luck with that so far,
despite client certificate installed).

Am Freitag, dem 19.05.2023 um 16:24 -0400 schrieb Alan DeKok:
> On May 19, 2023, at 4:01 PM, rany <rany2 at riseup.net> wrote:
> >
> > It appears that, at least according to this Cisco help page:
> > https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Wi-Fi_Basics_and_Best_Practices/WPA3_Encryption_and_Configuration_Guide#WPA3_192-bit
> > that only WPA3-EAP 192-bit has this restriction and I could confirm
> > it from my own testing.
>
>   The pages do say that.  While I admit I haven't followed that in
> detail, it's a bit surprising that WPA3-EAP requires a particular EAP
> type and TLS ciphers.
>
>   Alan DeKok.

Robert Senger