Can't get WPA3 to work...

Robert Senger robert.senger at lists.microscopium.de
Wed May 17 09:55:07 PDT 2023

Hi all,

I am trying to set up APs with WPA3, but can't get it to work. WPA2
works fine on the same hardware and software since more that 10
years. This is my third try with WPA3 in the past 3 years...

This is my setup:

__access_points__

Debian 11 Bullseye
hostapd 2.9.0 (or 2.10 from backports)
Qualcomm Atheros AR922X Wireless Network Adapter

__client_machines__

Debian 11 Bullseye
wpasupplicant 2.9.0 (or 2.10 from backports)
NetworkManager 1.30.6 (or 1.42.4 from backports)
Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 Wireless Network Adapter

Neither SAE nor WPA-EAP-SUITE-B-192 work, that means, either connection
attempts fail (without useful logs), or the SSID is greyed out on the
client machine. I will post configuration and logs, but first of all,
if you take a look at the software versions and the hardware above, is
there a "no-go" somewhere?

Thanks,

Robert

--