hostap option to use mbedtls (under development)

krishna t krish271828 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 09:26:29 PDT 2022

On Fri, Sep 23, 2022 at 2:29 PM <gs-lists-hostap at gluelogic.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 23, 2022 at 12:51:25AM +0530, krishna t wrote:

> krishna: Did you read the above from my post?  How did you miss that?
Ah sorry, my bad, missed that line.

> I saw your prior post and read the thread.  There were questions with
> licensing and questions about the code cut-n-paste from stackoverflow.
>
> > > Hi Glenn,
> > >
> > > I have already submitted a patch which is still under review here
> > > https://www.spinics.net/lists/hostap/msg09799.html. I am awaiting
> > > Jouni's response
> > > for my comment before submitting the next version.
> > >
> > > Please have a look
>
> No, thank you, I won't be doing that.
>
> After reading the discussion thread about the code cut-n-paste from
> stackoverflow (and which was not well-written code, IMNSHO), I decided
> that I would not use the patches you posted mixed from elsewhere [1]
> (the license question) and then modified by you (the stackoverflow
> cut-n-paste -- also a license question -- plus other modifications).

Stackoverflow code is purely cosmetic (just to get a cipher string)
and instead of
custom parsing like you did here tls_mbedtls_translate_ciphername, I
thought its better
to use generic helpers, and it's easy to address any concerns with that code.

I am still awaiting Jouni's opinion about using Apache License based
code.  The main
intention to reuse from [1] was to avoid re-work, as that is being
used in production IIUC,
Anyways, I will leave it to Jouni to take a call on which version to pick.