Dynamic reload of MAC deny ACL

Gabriele Bellicini g.bellicini003 at studenti.unibs.it
Mon Jan 24 12:33:25 PST 2022

Hello!
I'm using hostapd 2.9 and I'm finding it great so far.
For the project I'm working on, I need to dynamically change the MAC
ACL deny list, filling it with new MAC addresses from time to time. I
compiled both hostapd and hostapd_cli from source.
I tried using hostapd_cli to reload the deny_mac_file attribute,
(hostapd_cli reload, hostapd_cli set deny_mac_file
<path-to-my-deny-file>) but it doesn't work. In debugging mode, I see
that hostapd receives the command and answers with "OK", however this
file is not reloaded unless I stop hostapd and restart it manually.
I even tried with hostapd_cli deny_acl XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX but this
command has no effect too.
If I can provide you with logs from debugging mode or from my config
file, I'll be happy to do so!
Thank you so much

--

Informativa sulla Privacy: https://www.unibs.it/it/node/1452