Bug report: Can connect with 'wext', but not 'nl80211'

Matthias G. maps4711 at gmx.de
Thu Dec 8 13:24:00 PST 2022

I didn't forget, I'm just a bit late.

On Fri, 2022-12-02 at 17:32 +0100, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> you can run iwmon (from iwd package) to capture the nl80211 traffic and
> it will decode the frames for you.
>
> You might want to also compare it to running iwd instead of wpa_supplicant
> since I have some vague memory we had this kind of issue and handled it
> somehow.

Thanks for the tip with 'iwd', it connects flawlessly (and fast) to all my
APs, including that troublesome LTE router 🙂️. I like 'iwd'; wonder why it
isn't the default in distributions.

I created some netlink traces anyway. I'm sending them to you in private mails,
because I don't want potentially sensitive information about my network
posted to this public mailing list.

Regards,