No OWE transition mode element on hidden OWE network

James Prestwood prestwoj at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 16:28:16 PDT 2021

Ping, anyone seen this?

>From my end the path forward without this patch is to use
vendor_elements. This also adds the benefit of being able to include
channel/band information which isn't supported by these options.

My fear is that these options would be deployed as-is and cause
interoperability problems with IWD. And IWD is not planning on
supporting networks where the IE is missing, the book keeping and
lookup logic becomes much more complex.

I realize this code was written in 2017, long before any spec was even
released and OWE transitional networks are likely not deployed anywhere
yet... But in any case it would be great to get this taken care of now
and not end up in the same situations we have had with SAE in actual
consumer products:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/hostap/2021-September/039842.html