HostAP support for DPP and Multi-AP 3.0

Chriz Chow cmcvista at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 23:45:35 PDT 2021

Hi all,

I'd like to ask for comments on questions about DPP and MAP 3.0:

1. In the Multi-AP 3.0 (MAP 3.0) spec, APs can act as the "Proxy
Agent" that transceive 1905 frames with "Proxy Encap DPP message" to
802.11 action frames. Would that be supported in the hostap in the
future? It is similar to the existing DPP over TCP mechanism in the
Easy Connect 2.0 Spec.

2. MAP 3.0 has included many new wi-fi_tech (e.g., "inframap", "map")
and new netRoles (e.g., "mapAgent", "mapBackhaulSta"). Should these
new roles be handled in hostap?

3. MAP 3.0 has also updated the WPS PBC mechanism. In "Figure 13 -
Onboarding/Configuring BSS", the agent should embed its DPP URI in the
WPS M7 message. May I know if anyone is working on this? I think it
should not be difficult, and I would like to contribute. I just want
to know if it is worth doing it.

Feel free to comment if you know anything about MAP 3.0 or DPP.
Any help would be appreciated :)

Best regards,
Chriz.