question about error nl80211: Frame command failed: ret=-1 (Operation not permitted)

Piotr Lobacz piotr.lobacz at softgent.com
Tue Feb 9 20:31:43 EST 2021

Hi All,
Hi Jouni,

I am trying to use NetworkManager together with wpa_supplicant 2.9 with closed driver for rtl8192f chip. I have set a hotspot connection and the problem is that if i try to connect to it from any device i get this error from subject. I have also attached full log in here: https://pastebin.com/VyTgz0WA .

Now I'm at the point to ask for help, because i really have no idea, what is wrong and don't have much experience  with wpa_supplicant code to find it by myself.

Thanks very much and regards,

Piotr
[https://softgent.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Zasob-14.png]<https://www.softgent.com>

Softgent Sp. z o.o., Budowlanych 31d, 80-298 Gdansk, POLAND

KRS: 0000674406, NIP: 9581679801, REGON: 367090912

www.softgent.com

Sąd Rejonowy Gdańsk-Północ w Gdańsku, VII Wydział Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sądowego

KRS 0000674406, Kapitał zakładowy: 25 000,00 zł wpłacony w całości.