eapol_test with VSA

Munroe Sollog mus3 at lehigh.edu
Mon Oct 12 21:28:26 EDT 2020

I am currently using

eapol_test v2.8-hostap_2_8

I am trying to test my freeradius configuration, but I need to submit
a VSA along with authentication request.  Specifically, the
"Aruba-Essid-Name" attribute.  Looking at the help output for
eapol_test -N expects the "attributeID:s:essid_name" however, it seems
to want the attribute id in number form.  Looking at the Aruba
dictionary:

#
VENDOR                Aruba          14823
BEGIN-VENDOR   Aruba
ATTRIBUTE          Aruba-User-Role      1      string
ATTRIBUTE          Aruba-User-Vlan      2      integer
ATTRIBUTE          Aruba-Priv-Admin-User 3 integer
ATTRIBUTE          Aruba-Admin-Role   4      string
ATTRIBUTE          Aruba-Essid-Name  5      string

I tried with -N 148235:s:myessid but watching the freeradius logs it
assigns that attribute to some other name "filter-id".  So I guess I'm
misunderstanding how to figure out the numeric attribute ID from the
above dictionary.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

--
Munroe Sollog (He/Him/His)
Senior Network Engineer
munroe at lehigh.edu