freq_list in network is not working

Mohamedhusain N mohamedhusain.n at e-consystems.com
Thu Aug 20 05:10:04 EDT 2020

Hi,

I have two access points with the same name  "BSNL" -  2.4 GHz in Router and 5 GHz with Mobile hotspot.

I have added freq_lisi in the conf file to connect with 2.4 GHz AP, but the wpa_supplicant still connects to 5 GHz AP.

freq_list=2427

>From the logs I can see the 2.4 GHz AP is selected, but the connected AP is 5 GHz. Can anyone explain why I see this behaviour and any way to connect to the 2.4 GHz network only?

wlan0: Selecting BSS from priority group 0
wlan0: 0: e6:73:b0:df:9e:cb ssid='BSNL' wpa_ie_len=0 rsn_ie_len=20 caps=0x1531 level=-55 freq=5180
wlan0:    selected based on RSN IE
wlan0:    skip - frequency band not allowed
wlan0: 1: 78:32:1b:a2:20:68 ssid='BSNL' wpa_ie_len=0 rsn_ie_len=20 caps=0x411 level=-53 freq=2427
wlan0:    selected based on RSN IE
wlan0:    selected BSS 78:32:1b:a2:20:68 ssid='BSNL'

Thanks,
Mohamed Husain
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. WARNING: Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, e-con cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachment.