P2P GO mysteriously goes offline

Blair Burtan blairmburtan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 10:51:36 PDT 2019

I think I may have solved this.  After pounding my head against a wall
for weeks trying to build newer drivers with no success, I stumbled
upon two wpa_cli commands that appear to work.
What prompted me to try these was an obscure comment about using a P2P
GO in an embedded environment such as a printer.

wpa_cli -iwlan0 p2p_ext_listen
wpa_cli -iwlan0 p2p_listen 600

Issuing these commands before attempting to bring up the P2P GO will
keep the GO up and running.
I need to do a bit more testing on this but what I'd like to know from
the WPA gurus out there is why this works and is there a way to
preconfigure wpa_supplicant to launch with these two settings.  I
don't see these in the documentation for wpa_supplicant.conf so is it
possible to put these in the.conf file or do I have to do this in a
script?  Or is it possible to recompile wpa_supplicant with these two
settings as the default?