initialization of wpa_supplicant is very long

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Wed Jun 12 13:48:28 PDT 2019

On Wed, 2019-06-12 at 10:13 +0200, Arthur LAMBERT wrote:

> > This, however, is quite possibly a terrible idea.
> >
> > Basically, you're now feeding the random generator with its own output,
> > which ought to be entirely predictable.
>
> Ok so why there is no available source working for entropy on my device ?

I don't know. It's generally hard to have sources of entropy close to
boot when nothing is going on, unless you plug in something like a
chaoskey (in which case you would get rngd to do something with it)

> What is the good practice/usage for source ? Do I have to find a way to
> use the clock or anything else as entropy source ?

Did you configure CONFIG_GETRANDOM for hostapd?

It's not clear to me why hostapd uses getrandom() without the
GRND_RANDOM flag, but then falls back to /dev/random rather than
/dev/urandom?

johannes