Unable 40MHz bandwidth in the 2.4GHz band?

Nicolas Boullis nboullis at debian.org
Wed Apr 17 12:15:53 PDT 2019

Hi,

Many thanks to Jouni and you for the explanations.

I started hostapd with -d, as suggested by Jouni, and the resulting log
could confirm that the bandwidth was limited to 20MHz because another
SSID was detected.

I wish my neighbors, who all use channels 6 and 7 (with 20MHz bandwidth)
could all switch to lower or higher channels, but I guess that won’t
happen.

As I wanted to experiment, I cheated a bit and could get 40MHz
bandwidth. That’s fine.

Anyway, I understand the point, so I stopped cheating and I’m back to
20MHz.

Thanks again, and thanks for the great hostapd,

--
Nicolas