[hostapd] [batman-adv] Is dot11RSNAConfigPMKLifetime the correct setting to configure IBSS reauth timer?

Xuebing Wang xbing6 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 02:02:42 PDT 2018

Hi community,

We have batman-adv mesh network of 136 nodes perfectly running for about
6 months.

Our configure is:
- OpenWRT tag 15.05.1
- wpa_supplicant hostap_2_4
- 802.11 IBSS
- proto=WPA2
- key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
- pairwise=CCMP
- group=CCMP

The minor issue we have is that memory is fragmented after running 6
months for a large network of 136 nodes. I am speculating that it is
because of the periodical RNSA  reauthentication.

If I read 802.11 spec "11.5.10 RSNA authentication in an IBSS"
correctly, there is reauth timer.  Is dot11RSNAConfigPMKLifetime in
wpa_supplicant.conf the setting for the reauthentication timer?

The default value is 43200 (12 hours). What about I change this value to
be 2 weeks or a year?

Thanks.
Xuebing Wang