advice setup for encrypted roaming setup with multiple hostapd access points

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Tue Jun 26 12:26:31 PDT 2018

Hello everybody,

I got a setup with about 30 linux access points running hostapd with WPA2.

I want to change to an roaming configuration with encryption.

What would be a recommended setup? URL?

Will I need a per client username/password or is it possible to use the
same SSID and passphrase while still having full roaming with all the
access points?

I also want to replace my wifi card with possible faster cards I
currently use: Qualcomm Atheros AR2413/AR2414 Wireless Network Adapter
[AR5005G(S) 802.11bg] [168c:001a]

I can replace them with: Qualcomm Atheros AR922X Wireless Network
Adapter [168c:0029]

But I can probably also add a 802.11ac cards? (wifi half mini pci express)

Recommendations?

Kind regards,

Jelle de Jong