EAP-TTLS with PAP

Shriram Jandhyala sjandhyala at paloaltonetworks.com
Wed Jan 17 15:37:00 PST 2018

The RFC says that challenges in the tunneled layer are allowed in TTLS-PAP.

But the code comments seem to indicate otherwise. From eap_peer/eap_ttls.c:
  /* EAP-TTLS/{MSCHAP,PAP,CHAP} should not send any TLS tunneled
    * requests to the supplicant */

Does wpa_supplicant support PAP challenges over TTLS-PAP?
If yes, how do I detect this? If no, is there a plan to add support for this?

Thanks.
Shriram