hostapd terminates with WPA HT/VHT configuration

Ann Lo annlo.tech at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 18:54:41 PST 2018

Jouni,

Thanks very much for your information. We have double-checked our
configuration files and have found that in the case of wpa=1, our
script generates a configuration file that does not provide ht_capab
and vht_capab:

channel=161
vht_oper_centr_freq_seg0_idx=155
vht_oper_chwidth=1
ht_capab=
vht_capab=

In the case of wpa=2, we do have:
ht_capab=[HT40-][LDPC][SHORT-GI-20][SHORT-GI-40][TX-STBC][RX-STBC1]
vht_capab=[MAX-MPDU-11454][RXLDPC][MAX-A-MPDU-LEN-EXP3][SHORT-GI-80][TX-STBC-2BY1][RX-STBC-1]

After we have fixed the configuration file for WPA1, hostapd works fine.

Thanks,
Ann