Disable background scan before going to standby

Radoslaw Martyniszyn radoslaw.martyniszyn at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 13:58:07 PDT 2018

Hello,

When a linux device goes to standby is it possible to change
wpa_supplicant mode to stop doing background scans or looking for AP?
If device is connected to the AP I do not want to disconnect from it
since WOL is supported on that device. When restoring normal operation
of a device I would like to restore normal operation of
wpa_supplicant.

Please advise what dbus API calls I could use to achieve above
functionality if any api for that purposes is available.

I would like to achieve that wpa_supplicant do not interfere with wifi
driver when processor is going to be freezed when going to standby and
during resume from standby.  On my device wpa supplicant sends some
requests using nl80211 api to driver just before processor freezes.
Request is queued in driver and on resume those commands are executed
by kernel when driver has not completed full resume yet.

Thanks in advance for your advices.
Radek