Version 2.6 fix "fixed TK configuration to the driver in EAPOL-Key 3/4 retry case"

Anjanish Pandey anjanishp at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 21:38:27 PDT 2017

Hi,

I was looking at the bug fix "fixed TK configuration to
the driver in EAPOL-Key 3/4 retry case" patched to
version 2.6. We are using version 2.3 of "wpa_supplicant",
the fix doesn't seem to be back ported to version 2.3.
Can you please help me to understand,

1. If my supplicant having version 2.3 is susceptible to
security attack without this fix or by exploiting the
force installation of all zero keys, if the fix is ported
to version 2.3 ?
2. Is this fix work in progress ?

Can you please let me know, when can I expect to
get corresponding fix which can be ported to version 2.3
of "wpa_supplicant".

Thanks for help in advance.

--
Thanks and Best Regards