Haiku patches

kallisti5 kallisti5 at unixzen.com
Thu Oct 19 07:27:51 PDT 2017

Good morning,

Haiku (The operating system) uses wpa_supplication 2.0 for
its wireless stack. We have a moderate sized patch in our
ports tree adding Haiku support.

Would there be any interest in accepting these changes upstream
if they were rebased + tested under the latest code?

The risk to non-Haiku platforms should be minimal.

The patch consists of:
   * Haiku centric network stack changes to the bsd driver.
   * A native GUI for connecting to access points.

https://github.com/haikuports/haikuports/blob/master/net-wireless/wpa_supplicant/patches/wpa_supplicant-2.0.patch

If needed we could only attempt to merge a minimal subset
of the changes and leave the GUI stuff in the external patchset.

I'm Just trying to reduce the number of external patches we
have where it makes sense.

(example minimal subset)
  /src/drivers/driver_bsd.c
  /src/drivers/driver_haiku_events.cpp