Configuration reload not working

Léo Serre leo at naio-technologies.com
Thu Oct 19 01:27:01 PDT 2017

Hello world,

I'm trying to change the configuration dynamically (without reboot).
I'm running hostapd v2.6 built using Buildroot on my device.

Hostapd is started from the `/etc/network/interfaces` using that rule:
`post-up /usr/sbin/hostapd -B /etc/hostapd.conf -P /var/run/hostapd.pid`

Once started, I just change the ssid in the configuration file, and
launched `kill -s SIGHUP 270` where 270 is my PID number.
I waited more than 5 minutes without viewing any changes on the SSID.

Also, I tried with `hostapd_cli reconfigure` which returns `Unknown
command 'reconfigure'`

Here is my config file for information:

     # Net interface
     interface=mlan0

     # Driver selection (works with mwifiex
     driver=nl80211

     # SSID used
     ssid=WifiDINO

     # Use of 802.11g base frequency (2.4GHz)
     hw_mode=g

     # Channel used
     channel=8

     # Enable 802.11n