Does wpa_supplicant support DFS Slave radar

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sun Nov 26 02:30:01 PST 2017

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 01:44:07PM +0100, Radoslaw Martyniszyn wrote:
> Does wpa_supplicant support DFS Slave with radar detection? That
> feature is described in Table 6 of EN 301 893 V2.1.1 ? Table D.2 of
> that spec reads "Slave devices with a maximum e.i.r.p. of less than 23
> dBm do not have to implement radar detection". In case device e.i.r.p
> is >= 23 dBm does wpa_supplicant handle that in any way?

wpa_supplicant does not have any functionality specifically for this in
station mode and I'm not sure much, if any, changes would be needed
either. In other words, this should be done for most parts in the
driver/kernel code.

> Are there any way/mechanism that driver could tell wpa_supplicant that
> channel is temporary unavailable due to radar detection?

Yes, the channel list updates (e.g., NL80211_CMD_REG_CHANGE and
NL80211_CMD_REG_BEACON_HINT events) can be used to update the list of
currently available channels.