Cubieboard2 + hostapd + 100 wireless devices

Marek Floriańczyk marek.florianczyk at gmail.com
Wed May 10 07:30:35 PDT 2017

Dnia środa, 10 maja 2017 11:31:17 CEST Stanislaw Gruszka pisze:
> On Sun, May 07, 2017 at 02:19:25PM +0200, Marek Floriańczyk wrote:
>

> If RT5370 works for you I would stick with it. RTxxx chips with rt2800
> driver are capable to support up to 190 stations with HW encryption and
> 11n aggregation (something that you are not interested). Theoretically
> more stations can be added and those should fallback to software
> encryption and frame aggregation will not be done, but I'm not sure if
> anyone test that.
>
> I'm also not sure if many people test 11b, perhaps 11g would be better
> choice. BTW, what kernel version are you using (I'm curious if 11b
> still works on latest kernels) ?
>
> Stanislaw

Hi,

Thanks for answer.
I'm using Linux cubieboard2 4.9.12-sunxi
This is Armbian based on Debian Jessie

I'm using "b" mode on hostapd because our modules:
http://www.electrodragon.com/product/esp-12f-esp8266-wifi-board/
have +20dBm when in "b" mode - that's what docs say.

I still have problems when 80 devices are connected, after a few minutes some
of them (10-20) deauthenticate with AP.
When reporting from hostapd_cli, sta changes from:

flags=[AUTH][ASSOC][AUTHORIZED][SHORT_PREAMBLE][WMM]
aid=69
capability=0x31
listen_interval=100
supported_rates=8b 96 82 84 0c 18 30 60 6c 12 24 48
timeout_next=NULLFUNC POLL
dot11RSNAStatsSTAAddress=5c:cf:7f:ff:eb:ee
dot11RSNAStatsVersion=1
dot11RSNAStatsSelectedPairwiseCipher=00-50-f2-2
dot11RSNAStatsTKIPLocalMICFailures=0
dot11RSNAStatsTKIPRemoteMICFailures=0
hostapdWPAPTKState=11
hostapdWPAPTKGroupState=0
rx_packets=18
tx_packets=17
rx_bytes=3295
tx_bytes=3490
inactive_msec=134370
connected_time=832

flags=[AUTH]
aid=0
capability=0x0
listen_interval=0
supported_rates=
timeout_next=NULLFUNC POLL
rx_packets=2
tx_packets=2
rx_bytes=48
tx_bytes=143
inactive_msec=1980

When I have only 20some devices it works always, but with more devices
something goes wrong....

I'm running hostapd in debug mode now, and I have found station:
2c:3a:e8:00:33:e0
That deauthenticate with AP, but I don't know why,
reason_code=3 "station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS"

Any help would be appreciated ;)

Best Regards
Marek