hostapd + 100 devices on Cubieboard

Marek Floriańczyk marek.florianczyk at gmail.com
Thu May 4 09:38:13 PDT 2017

Dnia czwartek, 4 maja 2017 17:05:59 CEST Bruno Antunes pisze:
> On 4 May 2017 at 16:54, Marek Floriańczyk <marek.florianczyk at gmail.com>
> >> If we are going rinkydink USB devices I would have gone with an
> >> atheros/qualcomm chip.
> >> https://wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_TL-WN722N
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was testing this one yesterday, with mode "g", if there was one or two
> > clients (laptops) - no problem I could easily log into wifi network,
> > But when I started something like 20 devices, connection was no longer
> > possible
> >
> > From wikidevi page:
> > "This device supports a maximum of 2 simultaneous AP and 7 clients VIFs w/
> > ath9k_htc"
> >
> > So maybe in my case this is a problem ?
>
> No, that is the number of interfaces the device can generate it will
> appear in the output of iw list.
> Remember the first mail.
> You only need one AP for your setup.
>
> Without logs its impossible to know what is failing.

Luckily, for now it appears to be running smoothly, I have some 70 devices
connected to AP, they do not disconnect, and we are testing (restarting) next
one dev and it connects to AP also with no problem.
It is working that way for a few hours since I switched from mode "g" to "b".

I will make some more tests and will report.

Best Regards
Marek