FT status and macvlan performance problems

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sun Mar 26 01:59:49 PDT 2017

On Sat, Mar 25, 2017 at 11:39:04AM +0100, Matteo Croce wrote:
> Well, that's true, seems to work.
> I don't know why all the firmwares I know start an instance per phy,
> is it a new feature or just undocumented?

Option to provide multiple configuration files on the command line has
been there since 2003 and is listed in the command line usage notes.

A more recent change is in the area of allowing more dynamic removal and
addition of interfaces at runtime through the control interface. I'd
assume many of the cases of starting multiple hostapd processes were
originally added mainly to allow stopping/starting networks without
impacting other operating networks.