WPA_Sup scan_results speed using DBus

Matthew Stanger matthew_stanger at trimble.com
Tue Aug 8 08:24:06 PDT 2017

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting a reasonable speed for scan results using
DBus and I'm wondering if I'm fundamentally missing the design intent.
As I understand it, I should be using the
'fi.w1.wpa_supplicant1.Interface' with 'BSSs' property to get a list
of BSS and then use 'GetAll' on each of the BSS's to build the scan
results. This takes about 5-7 sec's when having 50-60 SSID's visible,
with each DBus call taking 50-100mS per DBus call to 'BSSs' (230Mhz
ARM). Now if I just link against wpa_sup like wpa_cli does then I can
use the 'scan_results' method and get the list in milliseconds.

1) Is the DBus approach correct for getting scan_results? Is there a better way?
2) If it is, are there any other way to get the scan_results without
linking/socket against wpa_sup?

Cheers,
Matt