single instance, 2 SSID config -- can connect to either one or the other SSID, but can't switch, until after restart?

PGNet Dev pgnet.dev at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 08:50:56 PDT 2017

I have a Hostapd instance with two SSIDs

Config includes

	interface=wlp0s15d3u4
	driver=nl80211
	ssid=test1
	bssid=c2:03:3c:19:dd:c0
	ignore_broadcast_ssid=0
	auth_algs=1
	wpa=2
	rsn_pairwise=CCMP
	wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK-SHA256 WPA-PSK
	wpa_psk_file=/etc/hostapd/hostapd.user
	macaddr_acl=1
	accept_mac_file=/etc/hostapd/hostapd.user

	bss=wlan2
	ssid=test2
	bssid=c2:03:3c:19:dd:c1
	ignore_broadcast_ssid=0
	auth_algs=1
	wpa=2
	rsn_pairwise=TKIP CCMP
	wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK-SHA256 WPA-PSK
	wpa_psk_file=/etc/hostapd/hostapd.guest
	macaddr_acl=0

With this config, If I

	systemctl restart hostapd dhcpd

I can immediately connect a wireless device, e.g. my phone, to either

	SSID = test1

or

	SSID = test2

What I'm *NOT* able to do is SWITCH the connection from one SSID to the other.

Neither

	systemctl restart hostapd dhcpd
	connect to SSID = test1
	switch connection to SSID = test2

nor

	systemctl restart hostapd dhcpd
	connect to SSID = test2
	switch connection to SSID = test1

works.

The switch-after-connect simply reports "Getting IP address ...", keeps retrying, and never connects.

This, otoh, DOES work

	systemctl restart hostapd dhcpd
	connect to SSID = test1
	systemctl restart hostapd dhcpd
	switch connection to SSID = test2

In the examples above,

	systemctl restart hostapd dhcpd

is apparently required.

Neither

	systemctl restart hostapd

nor

	systemctl restart dhcpd

is sufficient to allow me to switch.

Is there some particular config in hostapd that's needed to allow switching SSIDs in this way?