disable roaming

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Thu Sep 22 13:05:34 PDT 2016

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 11:11:18AM -0700, Reinoud Koornstra wrote:
> I didn't find an option to disable scanning after we're connected to an AP.
> Meaning, once I'm connected, I never want to go to another AP, i'll
> stay on this one and don't need to scan anymore once I'm connected.
> Is there such an option already?

What would you expect to happen if the current AP disconnects the
station or goes out of radio range? There is unlikely to be an existing
parameter that does exactly what you might be thinking of here, but if
you want to force a single AP to be used, you can use the bssid
parameter in a network profile to allow only a single BSS (AP) to be
used. You could set that even after the initial connection, if needed,
to set the parameter to the BSSID of that initial BSS.