constructing station variables from hostapd

michael tetemke mehari michael.mehari at intec.ugent.be
Wed Sep 21 04:15:19 PDT 2016

Hello all,

My name is Michael Mehari and I have a question regarding station
variables from hostapd.

As an access point daemon, hostapd keeps track of all stations and I
want to make use of certain variables from the stations in order to
construct a Control and Decision Engine (CDE).

The station variables that I am looking for include but not limited to
transmitted and received packets/bytes, quality indicators (RSSI, LQI,
noise), data rate, retransmissions and fragmentation of packets.

For now I have tried using a hostapd client program to read unsolicited
messages but the variables are not included in the events forwarded by
hostapd.

Therefore, I would like to ask if this kind of application is possible
with in hostapd and if so please let me know.

Best regards,

Michael