WPA Supplicant causes timeouts

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sat Nov 19 07:32:57 PST 2016

On Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at 09:54:42PM +0100, Nickolai Dobrynin wrote:
> Which version will have this patch?

It is now in the master branch so assuming no issues show up, it should
be included in the next release (v2.7).

> Also, regarding the original problem, I thought I would
> add a few more details.  With the 5500MHz frequency
> turned off, timeouts are nearly gone.  I *am* still seeing
> occasional ones: 1 timeout every 5-6-7 days.

Could you please provide some more detail on what extra you mean with
"timeouts"? I tried to interpret the earlier description on this, but
I'm not sure I understood it correctly. Is this referring to some upper
layer protocol timing out due to a short disconnection at link layer or
is the full WLAN connection down for a longer time?