wpa_supplicant: secured mesh and WiLink8 issue

Machani, Yaniv yanivma at ti.com
Sun Nov 6 12:58:01 PST 2016

Hi Yegor,
To establish a baseline here,
Can you try using the officially supported packages by TI (Version R8.7) ?
See release notes here : http://software-dl.ti.com/ecs/WiLink8/R8_7/exports/release_notes_R8_7.html
It was validated to work with open and secured modes, based on Kernel 4.4.8 and hostap 2.5+
Related commits:
Hostap : http://git.ti.com/wilink8-wlan/hostap/commit/2f81a831e29a4d44d6abbac34e3280e8471f61ef
Linux Kernel : http://git.ti.com/wilink8-wlan/wl18xx/commit/13c25bca8d5229c8d5cf5776a13647b020e29588
The Firmware version you are using is supporting secured mesh, so no issues there.

You can also have a look in our build guides http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/WL18xx_System_Build_Scripts

Regards,
Yaniv