scanning/wpa client while in hostapd mode

Fred Ollinger Fred.Ollinger at seescan.com
Tue Mar 8 13:35:40 PST 2016

Thanks for the kind response.

First, I'd like to say that I believe I was wrong about Android phones hosting an access point and scanning at the same time.

I'll answer the other questions in hopes that perhaps this can be done on my platform.

I'm running Yocto on an arm:

Linux csplus_cm 3.10.53-1.1.0+g04cae56 #1 SMP Tue Mar 1 11:01:22 PST 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux

The driver is a for wl1831:

http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/WL18xx

The version of wpa_supplicant is here:

git://github.com/TI-OpenLink/compat-wireless.git;destsuffix=compat-wireless;name=compat-wireless;branch=upstream_312

The supplicant is run with the following parameters:

/usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant -B -P /var/run/wpa_supplicant.wlan0.pid -i wlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -D nl80211

I'll be happy to answer any other questions to help solve this problem.

Wishing you well,

Frederick