Adding a vendor Information Element to beacon / probe response frames

Etan Kissling kissling at oberon.ch
Fri Jun 17 13:53:42 PDT 2016

Thanks for the response.

Good to hear that there are no known issues about this topic from the hostap front.

The Raspberry 3 chip is Broadcom BCM43438.
The chip I've used with Raspberry 1 in the dongle is Broadcom BCM43143.

I'll check the driver. Can't imagine that the hardware doesn't support it,
as appending static data to a packet shouldn't be a difficult to implement feature.

Etan