MACSec between WPA supplicant & hostapd

Badrish Adiga H R badrish.adigahr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 22:48:07 PST 2016

Hi all,

I would like to test MacSec (802.1ae/802.1x-2010) support in
wpa_supplicant as EAP-TLS-peer and hostapd as EAP-TLS-authenticator
and I have couple of questions regarding this.

1. Are WPA supplicant & hostapd 802.1x-2010 standard compliant?
2. I see MACSec is implemented on qca drivers. I can't find any
information about these drivers. Could you give details on which
testing framework was used to test MACSec? Is MACSec using Pre-shared
Key is supported.?
3. Can we enable MACSec on wired interface of hostapd acting as
EAP-TLS-authenticator or EAP-TLS-server?

Thanks regards,
Badrish