WiFi card can see and connect to other networks, but hostapd doesn't broadcast anything

Sam Jaeschke sam.jaeschke at maptek.com.au
Sun Jan 10 21:14:03 PST 2016

It turns out it's nothing to do with hostapd at all. It's part of the
quirks of embedded systems that require device trees to be written
correctly to specify the devices on the system, and it seems to be
that the PCIe bus interrupt wasn't set up right (it's still surprising
that hostapd uses features of the WiFi/PCIe that require the interrupt
to be set correctly, whereas the standard/non-ap mode works even when
the interrupt is not set correctly). It's a device tree issue - still
trying to work out how it should be specified. Anyway, carry on.

--
Sam Jaeschke
Maptek | Software Engineer

63 Conyngham Street, Glenside, SA 5065, Australia
Tel: +61-8 8338 9222 | Dir: +61-8 8338 9265 | Fax: +61-8 8338 9229
sam.jaeschke at maptek.com.au | www.maptek.com

Keep up to date with Maptek in our Forge newsletter