Acct-Delay-Time missing with RADIUS accounting

Nick Lowe nick.lowe at lugatech.com
Mon Feb 22 09:09:21 PST 2016

> If there is a critical requirement of getting the correct calendar time
> the session happened, I'd assume starting hostapd only after having
> confirmed that NTP has synchronized the time would be acceptable (and if
> necessary, stopping hostapd if time sync is somehow lost).

I would be happy with this but still consider adding the
Acct-Delay-Time in to all Accounting-Request packets a much better
solution than refusing to bring service up / or taking it down.
It seems drastic, especially as many routers/APs frequently fail to
complete NTP time sync for some reason. As the RADIUS protocol gives
up a better pallet of options here, we should make use of it, in my
opinion.

Nick