Acct-Delay-Time missing with RADIUS accounting

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Feb 22 07:22:31 PST 2016

On Feb 22, 2016, at 9:32 AM, Nick Lowe <nick.lowe at lugatech.com> wrote:

> Just to add...
>
> This is also seen where service becomes available on a NAS before NTP
> sync has completed. (This is why I noticed that other issue where
> hostap would previously send an invalid Event-Timestamp attribute with
> a value close the UNIX time epoch.)

  That can be solved by always adding Acct-Delay-Time to the packet, probably in addition to Event-Timestamp.

  But that requires tracking *monotonic* time from the start of the session. in addition to NTP-sync'd Event-Timestamp.

  Or, just update the code to *not* send Event-Timestamp if it's within 20 years of the unix epoch.  We know when the code was written, so we know which times are impossible.

  Alan DeKok.