Building from source: authentication error + DS Params mismatch

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Fri Feb 19 07:17:13 PST 2016

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 03:01:25PM +0100, Benoit wrote:
> I realized than when it is working (same hostapd.conf, difference is
> running hostapd from compiled from source or from package manager)

Which version of hostapd is working and which one is failing? Which
kernel driver and version are you using?

> I realise now that I don't have the
> pnic_wlan: Event EAPOL_RX (24) received
>
> So the station tries until reaching timeout..
> Is there anything I should activate on my .config which is not
> activated by default on the source to make the authentication
> through EAPOL ?

There is no build parameter needed for this, i.e., that should work
regardless of how the build is configured. Do you have the main netdev
in a bridge? Lack of the EAPOL_RX events would imply that there are some
issues in delivering the received EAPOL frames to hostapd.