802.11v time_zone

Ann Lo annlo.tech at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 23:12:35 PST 2016

Thanks Jouni. This is good to know.

I am running into 802.11v question because of a Netgear dongle
behavior. When I configure WPA2 personal on AP, the Netgear client
tends to connect and disconnect repeatedly. If I build hostapd using
CONFIG_WNM=y, and set time zone to UTC0 in configuration file, then
the Netgear client does not disconnect much. Since I do not enable
time advertisement, this could be just a co-incidence.

Thanks,
Ann