Initiating supplicant connections

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Thu Feb 18 08:04:28 PST 2016

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 05:57:52PM +0200, khali singh wrote:
> However, currently there are no EAP methods that allows me to do that.

I do not agree with this direction on a specific EAP method being needed
for this, so I have no more comments on that part of the thread.

> Does the supplicant maintain some database for different APs and
> do-not-try-again-for-N-seconds field for every AP?

The Hotspot 2.0 design supports both the per-BSS (AP) and per-ESS
(network) cases.

> I am using a wired client and my own server. I don't want to rely on
> some Hostspot specific standard in my case. If you can point me to the
> relevant code that does this behavior in the supplicant, that would be
> great. I could then call the relevant functions from my EAP method.

hs20_rx_deauth_imminent_notice() in wpa_supplicant/hs20_supplicant.c
implements this. Please note that src/eap_peer/* is not allowed to call
directly to any wpa_supplicant/* functions. Anyway, as noted above, what
you describe here is not something that I'd really consider accepting in
upstream.