Is there a way to takeout wireless code from hostapd & wpa_supplicant for compilation?

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sun Feb 7 08:53:41 PST 2016

On Sun, Feb 07, 2016 at 10:00:59PM +0530, Badrish Adiga H R wrote:
> hostapd & wpa_supplicant works in both wired and wireless
> environments. But I do not want wireless features to be applied for
> wired clients as well. So is there a way to takeout wireless code from
> hostapd & wpa_supplicant for compilation?

There is no build option explicitly for that. Some parts of the wireless
features can be disabled either by not including the optional build
options for them or by using the options that remove functionality, but
without significant source code changes, it won't be possible to remove
all of wireless functionality from the binary.