[CONF] enable 802.11AC in hostapd

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sat Feb 6 07:41:46 PST 2016

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 10:53:24AM +0100, Alexandre Epert wrote:
> I think my hostapd.conf file is in accordance with my dongle's specs but when I try to launche hostapd I've got an error :
>
> Completing interface initialization
> Mode: IEEE 802.11a  Channel: 36  Frequency: 5180 MHz
> DFS 0 channels required radar detection
> Could not set channel for kernel driver

> ### hostapd configuration file
> hw_mode=a
> channel=36

> ieee80211ac=1
> vht_oper_chwidth=0

That would imply that you are trying to configure this to use a 40 MHz
channel. Is that on purpose? Or was this supposed to be
vht_oper_chwidth=1 for a 80 MHz VHT channel?

> vht_oper_centr_freq_seg0_idx=42

42 would be the centered frequency center channel number for 36 primary
channel only if this were a 80 MHz channel, so the combination here is
invalid. You would either need to change this to use vht_oper_chwidth=1
or set vht_oper_centr_freq_seg0_idx=0 if you want to use a 40 MHz
channel.