Locating Group Client From Group Owner

Padmanabha, Seshadri K. Seshadri.K.Padmanabha at physio-control.com
Thu Feb 4 12:41:57 PST 2016

Hello all,

I have an Autonomous GO running on a device with display and IO options. My group clients have displays without IO capability.
I wish to locate GC from GO by sending a message ( triggering an audible/visual action ). This trigger should not initiate any sought of connection handshake.

Based on state machine (https://w1.fi/wpa_supplicant/devel/p2p.html), I've tried to restrict myself to discovery state messages.
Option 1 -
run p2p_find on both sides and fire out  p2p_sd_request during this interval and wait for response. GC can use this as dummy trigger. This does not work consistently all the time. Is there a cleaner option or ways to improve reliability for stated option?

Thanks,
Sesh