Hostapd exits when requesting HT on non HT card?

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Wed Feb 3 04:56:15 PST 2016

Hi, this is a rephrase of a previous question

Is it normal/expected that hostapd will exit with an error if I have a
config file requesting 802.11n, when the card in question is known not
to support "n"?  Is there not an argument that hostapd should ignore and
prefer to continue rather than exit?

For a generic solution it looks like I need to parse details of the card
in-use and rewrite the conf file appropriately?

Can someone please confirm if this is intended behaviour?

Thanks

Ed W