changing the channel without bringing down hostapd .

Nagaraj Nayak nagarajn at cdot.in
Tue Feb 2 22:11:22 PST 2016

Hi Janusz ,

Thanks for the reply

I looked into the hostapd_cli ,
chan_switch only gives the following help .
usage: <cs_count> <freq> [sec_channel_offset=] [center_freq1=]
[center_freq2=] [bandwidth=] [blocktx] [ht|vht]

I further found out that cs_count stands ,switch channel after number of
beacon frames

and freq should be channel number

For example if would want change the channel from  1 to 11 , it tried
out the following command

 > chan_switch 500 11
FAIL
 > chan_switch 50 11
FAIL
 > chan_switch 25 11
FAIL

please let me know if i am doing something wrong or please point out if
any correct examples are there (on the net).

Regards
Nagaraj